* Discount only for limited time, Buy it now!
Product Added : January 18th, 2013
Category : Drives & Storage, External Hard Drives
"This Best Selling G-Technology G-RAID 4 TB Dual External Hard Drive Tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST! If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to Order Now to avoid disappointment!"
Amazon Price: $671.25 $299.99 You save: $371.26 (55%). (as of December 13, 2013 3:15 pm –
Professional High-Performance Dual-Drive Storage System. G-RAID is designed specifically for professional content creation applications like Final Cut Studio, G-RAID features a high-speed interface – 3 Gbit eSATA, FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 via cable) and USB2.0 ports – and is available in storage capacities up to an amazing 4TB. When connected via eSATA, G-RAID provides data transfers rates in excess of 200MB/second to support demanding post production environments. Easy to Setup-G-RAID is ready right out of the box for use with Mac OS X systems and appears to the system as a single, big and fast disk drive. A simple reformat is all it takes to ready G-RAID for use with Windows systems**.The Best Warranty & Support in the Business – G-Tech's 3-Year WarrantyG-RAID is backed by a standard 3-year factory warranty and unlimited free technical support by representatives experienced with the latest content creation applications.
- Interface: 1x 3Gbit, eSATA; 2x FireWire 800 (9-pin); 1x USB2.0; (FireWire 400 via 800 to 400 cable)
- Disk Drives: Type – 2x SATA II; RPM – 7200; Cache – Up to 32MB per Drive
- Cooling System: Thermo-regulated, quiet smart fan
- RAID Controller: Hardware RAID 0 – Oxford 936 chipset
- Size (LxWxH): 9.25" x 5.125" x 2.875" / 235 x 130 x 73 mm
- Product Dimensions: 2.9 x 5.1 x 9.2 inches ; 3.9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 6.3 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B002QID2NG
- Item model number: 0G00273
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 26, 2009
Room to store
Needed more room to store photographic and video files. Another unnamed drive has failed me twice, but this product has proven to do the job.
This is the second G-raid I’ve bought and I’m pleased with the design and quality.
Works with MAC
I have a 2TB and the 4 TB. The 2 is for video and photo files since my Mac hard-drive is full. I use the 4 as a Time Machine. I do not let either one run all the time the Mac is up and running. I only turn them on when I have new video/photo work to store. They started up and work as they should with the Mac. The finish matches the Mac. They are easy to install and use; three different computer to drive cables came with them. I can not speak to expected life as I have only had them for a short time, and I don’t leave them on all the time. Very happy with the Mac, very happy with the G-Tech external hard drives.
I ordered this drive thinking that it was RAID 1 compatible, but I was totally wrong and should have read the description better (my fault). None the less this product was rock solid and is great. I would definitely recommend this for those who are in the market for a kick-ass RAID 0 drive. It’s built like a tank and fast.