"This Best Selling iRulu 10.1 inch Android 4.0 Touchscreen Tablet PC For Sale Tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST! If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to Order Now to avoid disappointment!"
1. 10.1″ LCD with resistance screen full size touch operation, support G Sensor, With accelerometer, automatic steering display. 1280*720 pixels resolution.
2. Google Android 4.0 Operating system, Infortm x210 ARM11, 1GHz Processor.
3. Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g network and external 3G network. Supported / With RJ-45 connector for Ethernet/ ADSL.
4. Support HDMI, 3D user interface effect, Flash Player 10.1, USB-Dongle Wireless Adapter.
5. Built-in 0.43 Megapixel front camera
6. Support pop Apps such as Facebook, twitter, youtube, Angry bird, Asphalt, Skype, MSN and so on.
7. 1MB DDR3 Memory, 8.0GB Flash Hard Drive. With a TF card slot for external memory, Per slot supports max up to 32 GB.
8. With 5000mAh rechargeable battery, enjoy longer running time. Input 100~240V(2-flat-pin plug) power supply.
9. Built-in microphone, speaker;
10. Support JPEG/PNG/BMP/GIF Picture Formats;
MP3/WMA/FLAC/AAC/AC3/OGG/WAV Audio Formats
and MKV(H.264HP)/RMVB/MPEG4/FLV 720P (support all formats) Video Codec.
11. Languages: Arabic /Bulgarian /Catalan /Chinese /Croatian /Czech /Danish /Dutch /English /Spanish /Finnish /French /German /Greek /Hebrew /Hindi /Hungarian /Indonesian /Italian /Japanese /Korean /Latvian /Lithuanian /Norwegian /Polish /Portuguese /Romanian /Russian /Serbian /Slovak /Slovenian /Swedish /Tagalog /Thai /Turkish /Ukrainian /Vietnamese
I did order a case on EBAY that is kind of a flat leather folio case, as it did not come with one, and I like the folio cases better than the zipper cases, especially when using the tablet as an ebook at night.
One issue that came up was the wifi sometimes would not come back on after sleeping. A free app called “wifi-lock” corrected this immediately so that was resolved. It also contributes to saving battery life. I also found, via experimentation, that a cheap USB wifi device works well in this tablet, and has a larger range than the on board. Did not have to run an app or install any software…ICS 4 just defaulted to the usb wifi…very cool! However, I don’t use the usb device since the on board has been just fine. Nice to have as a backup, though.
Overall, I highly recommend this tablet; it had no hardware issues at all, runs great, and its nice having the lan jack feature and two usb ports. Lastly the stereo speakers are pretty nice.
Now, one of the ports does not respond to USB 2 cables but does read thumb drives, but I am told that this is because it is an exclusive USB 3 port that will allow me to charge via USB. Once I check that out I will post back.
I should also mention that I dropped this tablet on a hard tile floor from about 5 feet, such that the binding of the front screen popped out, yet the tablet still worked perfectly and the binding just popped back into place. So I would say this is also a very sturdy device.
addendum 11/19/12: Still working great, but I discovered some nice apps that let you send files wirelessly from your pc to the tablet..pretty amazing..your tablet’s folders will appear on your pc desk top and you can just drag files into them. Just activate the app and set your tablet down anywhere, and you can move files, no cables at all. Only about 2 bucks for the pro versions that have no size limits.
Addendum: some people have asked about a case. This is a 10.2 inch tablet, so just search Ebay for “android 10.2 tablet case” and you will find them. They run about 10 bucks with free shipping.
Addendum 2/6/13: Tablet still working fine, no issues.
The screen type is clear but the operating system takes a little getting use to, but since I am Windows guy, I assume I would have the same problem with an iPad if I tried to use one. Nothing is instantaneous on this, so if you are use to touching the screen and having something happen, you’ll be a little disappointed…there may be an adjustment for screen sensitivity but I haven’t had the opportunity to play with that yet.
For the price, I can’t see how anyone would complain about the tablet. It looks well made and feels sturdy although I don’t think I would drop it to test out its durability. It needed to be charged when I received it and it took an hour to do that. The camera and video work fine and the resolution is pretty impressive. There are two little speakers on each side of the tablet and I haven’t tried them out yet but I assume they won’t be mind boggling.
The wi-fi work flawlessly and quickly, and the Documents-to-go app installed in about 20 seconds which allowed me to read .docx files and .xls files with no problem.
All in all, this puppy is a good value.
Screen: not good to be used directly through finger, just use it with stylus and you’ll feel you are using a very expensive device. The responses with the stylus is too good. Ofcourse you can not play some games as it is not comfortable to play some 3D games using stylus but if you want to use this to watch video, netflix, youtube, it’s a great deal.
Sound Speaker: The sound is too low, it has 2 stereo speaker but still you will feel that you are watching a TV at volume level 1, the good part is it has a 3.5 female audio jack, you can attach any speaker available in market which has self power can get power from internal USB port with the tablet. I have Coby woofer system with 2 speakers and I am listening the music from last 2-3 hours and enjoying the sound with Coby. Ofcourse it’s not the internal speaker, but I am happy that I can attach the external speakers. Charger’s Specification : Output 5V, 2000 mA, with a 2.5 mm charging pin.
USB: I attach an external mouse on the USB port, but only one port is able to recognize my mouse and then shown me a pointer to click on icons and use keyboard or any other application though external mouse. But mouse has lights and it takes too much battery from the tablet so not worth using mouse. I ordered keyboard case, will get it soon and then will update the review about the USB
This one doesn’t have Bluetooth, so can not attach any Bluetooth keyboard or headphone.
Wifi, I leave in a small studio apartment so can not comment much on wifi as I am able to watch 720P HD Videos of youtube pretty smoothly. No problemo, but as I told my house is studio and the wifi modem is hardly 10 feet away from my bad.
Reading book for like 2-3 hours will be painful for eyes and hands as you have to hold this tablet in certain angle only to read the book and clearly or else you’ll have strain in your eyes. So not that great but okay while reading the books.
The 1GB ram internal is great value addition to the performance, I am using like 10-11 apps running simultaneously without killing (No Advance Task Killer) and didn’t find any issue till now. But sure it boots up slow and shut down is not that quick than le-pan but I guess it’s because Le-Pan is on android 2.3 and this is on 4.0 may be because of OS difference.
Don’t expect too much with front camera. It not great for any video chat, but still is okay to atleast use Skype and talk to your friend on video call. But still the quality is tooo poor. Poor than VGA, was not in my priority list as I hardly talk to friends on skype, that too I use my smart phone (Sony-XPERIA) for that so of no use.
HDMI, it has a MINI HDMI port, I didn’t tested it yet, had ordered a cable for the same. Will get it soon and then will test and update the review.
Screen protector, It already comes with a screen protector, but there are air gaps in mine one so ordered that too separately. Will update about that too soon.
Last but not least, this is not a great revolutionary device, but worth buying for the amount you are paying for.
UPDATE: 12/01/2012 – I broke my charger. This is just a second day and I broke it. Not happy with that but awesome customer service. I just asked ACCDEPOT to tell me from where I can purchase the charger, they tell me that they are sending me a new charger (shipped this Monday) free of cost.
UPDATE: 12/03/2012 – I thought it’s because of my mishandling the charger got broken. But it’s not the case, the chargers they are sending with the tablet is of really low quality. They did agreed to send me 2 new chargers (as I purchased 2 tablet and both the charger are broken) free of cost. And I can not use the tablet till than. so pretty disappointed with that. Let’s hope the new charger’s come in good condition. Will update once I receive the charger.
UPDATE: 12/12/12 – I am still waiting for the chargers from Accdepot, not sure when it will arrive, mean while I ordered I found a cable on e-bay just search “New USB2.0 A Male to 2.5mm X 1.0mm Power Charger Cord Cable for TabletPC MP4 GPS” and you’ll find a 1.99$ cable. This one fits the tablet and is really very nice quality better than the one we got originally.
UPDATE: 12/12/12 – HDMI Out: I have ordered and HDMI cable from amazon which I got couple of day before, but just tested that today as the charing was out. The tablet is showing the best pictures through my dell M110 projector, even the HD Video with 1080P is also displayed very smoothly. No issues in video, but the issues is with Android programming, once you plug in the HDMI, the audio jack (3.5 Audio Jack) no longer produces sound. So if you want to use it as Home Video Entertainment Player, it wouldn’t work with only HDMI cable. I have ordered a splitter for HDMI Out with Audio, I will update for them once I get them.
UPDATE: 12/15/12 – Got a new charger finally from Seller today. Amazing and shocking difference on the chargers while comparing with the one sent with tablet. you can just see and decide the difference of the quality and decide that the one with tablet was not at all good. The new charger is really firm at the end of pin, and charging very smoothly, attaching is also very easy as compared to old one, overall now I can give chargers also 5 star.
1. Turning it on its super fast, comes up with their Irulu Logo, and then android, it opens up to a very nice ICS 4.0.4 OS, the sliding from screen to screen on the home screen is very smooth, the apps work great. I will say that you will need to callibrate your device to get the most out of it. Sometimes it is unresponsive but 95% of the time, it is outstanding in the touch responsive part, im quite satisfied with it.
2. Battery life on this is GREAT I was at a half charge when I got it and it lasted me about 2-3 hours more before it got to where I needed to charge the device. When the brightness is high, your running wifi and several apps like twitter, facebook, and instagram the battery life is about 3 hours. When I had only an app at a time, or a couple apps, the brightness to half or all the way down, the battery life sustained atleast 4 hours. It charges quickly probably typically of what a cellphone would charge (droid Razr user) And it takes about an hour and 30 to charge fully. from say 75% to 100% only about 30 minuets.
3. This device comes already preinstalled with Google’s Play Store. I thought I was going to have to install it myself but with my surprise it already came with it, so I was very satisfied about that. All the apps have downloaded and worked properly there was only 1 app that wasn’t compatible with the device and it was a lesser known word search app.
4. Games are amazing on this, I love to play the SNES games, and have nearly 100 stored on this tablet via a Micro SD card, it doesn’t stick slow down it plays smoothly,especially with games like the Donkey Kong Series, the Zelda Series, even Mario Cart; a continuously running racing game did superb on this product I am trying to see if I can hook up a xbox controller to it to play wired but even without the controller and just the tablet its wonderful! Disclaimer though, make sure you try out a few emulators with the product if it runs slow or choppy it MIGHT be the emulator your using, I had this issue and I switched emulators and everything ran smoothly.
5. The WIFI speed honestly depends on your connection, I have a high speed wifi connection which makes pages and various websites load quickly. I have even tethered my phone to this device wirelessly and still pages loaded fairly quickly, even larger sites like twitter, facebook, JPL, NASA, and MSN, and finally yahoo. The tablet does great with websites that run a lot of slideshows such as yahoo or MSN.
6. Ebooks are amazing on this device! I have 22 (had 50) books on Kindle that I added myself (Was too broke at the time to buy any so I looked u the titles and added them myself) and the pages and everything on the device are stunning very very well worth the money especially if your someone who liked to read. Just beware that on this device the kindle reads Mobi files no Epub files.
7. The device is durable and sturdy I have already dropped this thing atleast 3 times, and it has held up pretty well! no cracking no shattering the device is very very well made.
8. If you download an app that plays AVI files I was very impressed after dropboxing all my season of Family Guy to my device it ran smoothly, the speakers are pretty alright too though I suggest wearing headphones with this device.
9. Did I mention the company was great enough to place on a Screen Protector with the purchase?? So you can save yourself from buying some.
10. The only thing I didn’t exactly like about this was the fact that I couldn’t have a Pattern, Pin, or Lockcode for my device. But I am sure that I will be able to find a way to lock the device thats the only thing that made me frown for a second or two.
Overall this product is outstanding for this price. My family are full of computer and electronic geeks and after they tested this out, they loved it and will be buying themselves one this christmas. Go out and buy one, great for kids too! Hope you guys enjoyed this review, any questions let me know!
YouTube works fine as long as you aren’t trying to play HD videos. There is an issue with that.
So far I havent encountered an issue with flash videos other than the HD videos not being able to play. If you click on non HD quality for youtube it will play. It also plays flash videos on numerous other sites.
I found that in comparison to the iPad, there is a major difference to touch sensitivity. You really have to press on the screen for the touch response to work (especially when navigating websites). However there is a stylus pen which comes with this device and resolves this issue. The pen works far better than your fingertips for some reason. Calibrate the screen once you turn it on. It made a huge difference for me.
Netflix- works fine as long as you have a fast internet connection. Watching TV shows or movies doesn’t make the device lag and the quality is OK.
Skype – I wished the camera quality was better. The sound is acceptable but you may encounter very low quality video due to the cheap camera this device comes with. If you Skype often and this is one of the main reasons you are getting this device then I would recommend spending more money on a device with a better camera because this certainly is not satisfying for Skype purposes.
Note: there was an improvement using an ethernet cable to skype instead of WiFi but still I wouldn’t recommend this for an individual who is counting on a quality video chat session.
If you are using this tablet to check e-mail, surf the web, store some music and videos then its perfect considering its price and functionality. The SD Card slot and mini HDMI are cool features that will allow you to store media and watch Netflix on your TV.
You essentially get what you pay for. If you want to amaze your friends with an HD Screen, Touch sensitivity like iPads/Smart Phones, high quality video chat then this device isnt it. Having said that, if you just need a cheap, affordable, functional device for email, surfing the web, and media storage then $119 bucks isnt bad for what you can do with this 10″ media device.
I hope this was helpful for those interested in purchasing the iRuLu Tablet.
-looks modern and resembles and ipad
-inexpensive. i paid $119
-charger works fine for me. not experiencing breakage like others
-might be resistive but sometimes the touchscreen is good, the screen keyboard is better but the stylus is best
-comes with google play (formerly android market)
-use with any sony headphones and the sound is great
-resistive screen (sometimes it can be a pain esp on websites with small buttons or just navigating the tablet)
-near the camera the screen recesses in if you press too hard
-umounts your usb if it goes to sleep. (remedy is to remount it in settings)
-Speakers sound is average. Get headphones for best sound
The good outweighs the bad. So there you have it. Thanks.