Product Added : February 5th, 2013
Category : Kindle
"This Best Selling Marware Vibe Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7″, Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7″) Tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST! If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to Order Now to avoid disappointment!"
The Marware Vibe Kindle Fire HD 7" case stands your new device in virtually any position you want for the most comfortable hands-free experience possible. Sporting an energetic, two-toned exterior, its vibrant style is outdone only by the boundless viewing angles of its intuitive design. Plus, the automatic sleep/wake lid turns your tablet on and off to conserve battery life. Make a bold statement in substance and style with the Marware Vibe. It’s more than just a Kindle Fire case.
– Fits Kindle Fire HD 7″ perfectly, and is easy to remove and install. Clips hold the device firmly in place.
– Adds minimal bulk or weight to the device. There is barely any gap around the Fire, so you’re only adding about a millimeter, on all three dimensions, by adding this cover.
– Has an elastic strap to ensure the cover stays closed. This is a nice feature that my old Kindle Keyboard’s lighted case had, and I prefer an elastic closure, if possible.
– Great feel, smooth leather feels great in the hand. Inner liner is fuzzy and will protect the screen well. Love that I can get it in red, for the “fire” aspect of the Fire HD’s name.
– Stands up on its own in landscape mode (though see my concern, below).
– Case is really stiff for stand-ups; I’m sure this will work itself out, in time, and I rarely use the stand-up feature anyways.
– Major issue with how you orient the Fire HD – camera-right or camera-left. Depending on orientation, you’ll have partial functionality either way.
– The issue is that, basically, you have two installation options:
1) Camera-to-the-right: This puts the HDMI/USB on the left, and power/headphone/volume on the bottom. This allows the camera to be “up” when you stand the unit up in the case and allows for the auto-sleep to work. However, it prohibits the Fire HD from charging or displaying on HDMI when the case is closed or deployed in “stand mode,” and prohibits use of non-Bluetooth headphones while propped on lap in portrait orientation.
2) Camera-to-the-left: This, I believe, is the desired installation option (and is, based on Amazon’s case). However, when standing the case up, it results in the camera being on the bottom, and auto-sleep will not work.
If you look at the Amazon-branded case, it specifically uses the orientation I, personally, prefer – Camera-to-the-left. They even have special cutouts for the USB and HDMI on the right. So I believe this is the desired installation method. Yet, in this orientation, the Marware case cannot auto-sleep or stand on its own and have the camera on top.
All in all, I recommend this case for Fire HD 7″ users. The price is much more reasonable than the stock Amazon-branded case, which I think is absolutely horrifically priced. I fail to understand how Amazon can, in good conscience, sell a technological marvel that is the Fire HD for an obscenely-low $199, and then charge 25% of the cost for a case! All of their cases are like this, which is ridiculous. Maybe they count on it, and make some of the money up on the case?
Updated the above due to comments on how the case does, indeed, sleep the unit if you have it in the “wrong” orientation. Thanks to Leticia for making me double check this! Lowered stars to 4 due to the no-win situation this case presents, though it’s still an excellent-feeling case and a good value.
I am delighted with the purchase. The case is well-built, and can be set either horizontally or vertically. There is a black elastic strap that easily stretches over the outside cover (from back to front) to protect the Kindle Fire HD even in a suitcase, backpack, or briefcase. And the case is anti-skid, so that it rests solidly on your table or desk.
And honestly? Although the Kindle Fire HD is a bit heavier with the case, it is far easier to grip safely and comfortably for long periods. That is especially important for me because arthritis in my hands makes gripping uncomfortable after just a few minutes.
The case is well made, it looks beautiful, and I am confident that it will protect my Kindle Fire HD even if I drop it.
All in all, I highly recommend this product, especially at almost half the price of the Amazon cases.