"This Best Selling Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 White 3G GSM Factory Unlocked QUAD BAND 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 Tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST! If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to Order Now to avoid disappointment!"
This Brand New Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 White Tab/Phone comes in Original box with all Original accessories in the box. This Samsung Tab/Phone comes factory Unlocked for any GSM and will work with any GSM SIM card in the world.
At the end of this review, I will give you a checklist that will help you decide whether to purchase this Tab 2 Phone/Tablet or the Tab 3 WiFi Only Tablet that I believe may help you with your decision on whether to purchase this phone/tablet or not…
- Biggest Pro – This phone/tablet is UNLOCKED and will accept ANY GSM Sim card. (It is the standard sized Sim, not the micro Sim. To fully test it out, I removed the activated Sim from my Tab 2 7.0 (P3100) I decided to upgrade to this device as it is so much larger and just use the P3100 for WiFi and tablet use only. Now I am a big WiFi user (95% to 99%of the time), so I use WiFi in order to save on data. So I rarely need to turn on data (so I have a very data amount each month), but nice to know with this device, I can have data when no WiFi is available when traveling.
- With Archived Adobe Flash that I downloaded and put into Maxthon Browser, I can watch videos on the internet as well as Amazon videos. (Ask me in the comments if you need help with installing Archived Adobe Flash).
- Printing on the Tab 2 – I installed Cloud Print from Playstore (free) and print anything I want using the Tab 2!
- Screen clarity/crispness/detailing: For me, this tablet renders SUPERB clarity, crispness and great details on every screen, whether on the internet or in a app or program! Colors are very VIVID!
- Sound Quality – This tablet has Stereo speakers (located on each side of the tablet). I listen many times to music or videos using the on board speakers and they are adequate. However, I purchased a pair of Sony Headphones for just $15 here on Amazon and now listen to music with them and the sound is awesome! (There were no headset to use the phone inside the box, however, I purchased a Samsung phone headset on Amazon for about $10 and they work great for phone calls.
- Phone Call Quality – Whether using a headset or speakerphone, the call quality is PERFECT. Have never had any static, the sound is plenty loud and never had any dropped calls!
- Music Quality – SUPERB! This tablet comes with a stock music player, which does a fine job of making playlists, finding songs, the usual things you use a player for. However, if you are wanting to SYNC your music from MS Windows Media Player (an easy way), then you will need to get the app from Playstore called Winamp. It is great and so easy to use. You may want to check it out.
- Video Quality – Wonderful!!!! he stock video player is just so so…Now I am a techie that is kind of picky so I use the app called QQ Player from Playstore–this plays every type of movie type I tried(even old old ones that would not play in the stock player)…Now if you install the archived flash, and do it correctly, you can view internet videos (except Amazon Videos). I recommend JUST Maxthon browser because it plays every video I tried so far where other browsers did not do so well…
- Reading/Creating/Editing Word, Excel, Text Files and much more on this tablet: This comes with a OK app for reading Office documents, however, I prefer Kingsoft Office which is a free app from Playstore. It is the best I have ever tried and I am very picky about so called Office programs. It is very compatible with MS Office as it reads, edits and creates Office files and reads PDF files, and it has more features of any other Android Office program that I tried. This app is a MUST have for tablet owners in my opinion.
- Speed (Overall) – In apps, programs and on the internet and watching videos, I give this tablet a high mark in my estimation! I give it 4.98 out of 5 stars as it is fast and works like a champ.
- Overall Score (even with minor cons below) I give this a 4.98 out of 5.
1) The MAJOR CON with this tablet (and most international devices) is that there is NO US WARRANTY. For the WiFi Only version of this tablet (without phone and data part), there is a US Warranty, so keep this in mind before you purchase.
For me, I purchased this knowing about the No Warranty. Yet, I have found in my experience, that if a device is going to fail or misbehave, it will usually do it within the first 30 days. (For me, it is very rare for any device to fail me after 30 days. Being a techie though, I just keep a device one year (sometimes two years)and then I get the newest device with newest OS.
2) No Jelly Bean (yet), but I read where the Tab 2 with 3g will soon be getting Jelly Bean OTA (directly on the device).
—Checklist That Will Help You to Decide Whether or Not to Purchase This Device—
If you can answer YES to FOUR or more to below statements, then highly consider this device:
- You HAVE TO Data for places where there are NO WIFI HOTSPOTS – this is so important.
- You are looking for a device with a STANDARD SIZED Sim card, not a micro one.
- You need an ALL IN ONE DEVICE: Tablet/Phone/3G data for carrying ONE device instead of two or more.
- You need a 10.1 screen that is crisp, bright and colors vivid, this will may an excellent choice.
- You can accept the fact that the OS is 4.03, Ice Cream Sandwich (however, I read where 4.2 Jelly Bean will be available and the roll-out is starting soon for this device via OTA (directly on the device).
- You like the fact that this tablet with phone and data is available new for 410 dollars (white version) or 385 dollars for the black version (this is just a little more than the Tab 3 10.1 costs for a WiFi only).
- You like the fact that this device has very high ratings at 4.4 stars vs the Tab 3 10.1 at UNDER 4 stars.
- You can live with the fact that the Tab 2 line accepts a propriety (wider) USB charger (which are available on Amazon and other stores) rather than a standard micro USB port for the Tab3 line (however, the Tab 3 line’s port requires a 2AMP charger, not the old type 1amp charger).
Since I am a techie person, if you are to have any questions about this tablet, please ask me in the comments below and I will answer.
The only problem I have with this tablet is finding its accessories. I wish I could find a smart cover for Galaxy. Also it’s a little bit pricy given the fact that the internal memory is only 16GB. I think after few months, the price is going to drop to around $400－450
I havent use its 3G function yet but will update if any problem occurs.
Update: January 13,2013
I have had this tablet for about 3 months now, and not once did i regret buying it. Every thing still works as it is suppose to,bravo Samsung for a fantastic tablet ! Still 5 star all the way.