* Discount only for limited time, Buy it now!
Product Added : February 4th, 2013
Category : Drives & Storage, Optical Drives
"This Best Selling SODIAL- SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Cable for 2.5 / 3.5 Inch Hard Drive / Optical Drive with External AC Power Adapter Tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST! If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to Order Now to avoid disappointment!"
Amazon Price: $9.37 (as of December 5, 2013 3:54 am –
* Use your 2.5" / 3.5" IDE hard drive or SATA hard disk as an additional external hard drive.
* Connect your SATA / IDE device to your computer through a USB port.
* Compliant with USB 1.1 and 2.0 standards.
* USB 2.0 interface for 480 Mbps high speed data transfer.
* Supports SATA Hard drive, 2.5" laptop hard drives, 3.5" desktop hard drives, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW Combo devices.
* Plug-n-play. AC power can be used world widely with input voltage AC 90v-264v. Supports Windows ME/2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS.
* Package includes: USB to IDE / SATA cable adapter.
* SATA Data cable. AC adapter. AC to IDE power converter.
* IDE to SATA power cable.
* Suggested Applications: 2.5" IDE Hard Disk / 3.5" IDE Hard Disk / SATA Hard Disk / CD/CD-RW ROM / DVD/DVD-RW ROM, etc.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B008XW4B1G
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 15, 2012
Works and easy to use
Works as advertised with a variety of HDD’s: 2.5" or 3.5" IDE connecting on either side of the black connector or SATA connecting on the top of the connector.
I had no problems and found these cables easy to use. Everything connects as it should and I did not experience overheating of the power supply that others mentioned. I made sure to set the power supply directly on the non carpeted floor to be sure.
The directions leave much to be desired, so be aware of that if you are unsure of what you are doing. Though it is all relatively simple and I’m sure a youtube video or two could clarify any questions that the directions leave for a newbie.
good generic reader
the first time i plugged it in it did not work. do not connect the data connector first. otherwise the hd will sometimes not connect
This is a very useful item to own. not the best quality in the world, but, for the price and speed of arrival you really cannot go wrong.
Great tool piece
Does exactly what it says. It works great for me and have already used a couple times within getting it the first day. Worth the price.
Whole package arrived
It doesn’t take long, and the package is a full set. I can read my hard drive now:0 great product
Just fine for the price. No issues for short term use.
Yes, it’s not the greatest build quality, but it’s just fine for temporary/occasional use. Pretty much what I expected for the price (little birds say "cheap, cheep, cheap"). I didn’t have any problems with the power supply that others had mentioned, though power brick does feel very light, so probably not much in the way of power protection in there. Cables are all working fine, powers fine, there’s no real helpful instructions, but the plugs only fit one way, so hard to bork up.
Functionality is all as advertised and comes with several types of data cords. I just wouldn’t expect some of the plugs/components to hold up under constant, repeated, plugging and unplugging….just the occasional hard drive rescue, etc. Great price, so it’s a good option even if you’re not sure it will save a failing drive…which I couldn’t ;( no fault of the cables. Ships from Hong Kong, so expect a good 3 week shipping wait.